It’s always great when there happens to be a sale on cosmetics when I can actually afford them! I was super happy that Priceline‘s 2 day 40% off cosmetics sale was happening around the time I’d found out that they stocked a decent selection of Nyx Cosmetics- and at reasonable prices pre-sale too.
As any Aussie makeup hoarder/addict/obssessee is aware, it’s always a real challenge to find decent quality makeup at a lower price in Australia- most of the time it’s either so cheap it’s next to junk, or it’s too expensive to justify any kind of regular purchases. Stores like Sephora and Mecca Maxima are making brands like Urban Decay and Kat von D more accessible to Australian buyers, but with the surcharges added by the stores to make up for shipping and taxes, it’s easy for costs to spiral out of control.
The main spending splurge for me ended up being on three sets of Nyx’s Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks (pre sale:AU$24/sale price:AU$14.40 per pack or single price:AU$8.97/AU$14.95) each pack contained three full sized products and there were three different sets to choose from;
- The lip creams all have a decent colour payoff- the only exception being oh, put it on, which needed a second coat to get a really solid deep purple, but looked good with a single coat (if a bit more patchy).
- Application is super easy with the doe foot applicator, and the product is a good consistency without being super sticky
- The product dries reasonably fast, but not completely. it also isn’t transfer proof, but is pretty long lasting despite that, even through light food and drink.
- I did notice on a few occasions that some crumbly bits developed through the day, but didn’t seem to affect overall lip cover (a happy side effect of the product not fully drying i suppose) .
- I’d recommend moisturizing your lips pre-application, as when they’re a bit dry, it can lead to some pretty bad butthole lip
Overall the Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is a pretty decent product, especially for it’s price. I really want to test it against similar products from other brands in the future to see how it holds up, but honestly unless Colorpop comes to Australia, I’m not sure we’ll find another matte liquid lipstick that is both decent quality and at ‘drugstore’ prices.
Personal Favourites: Soft-Spoken for an everyday nude, Sway for something a little bit funky 🙂